Saturday, April 04, 2020

More Than Love An Intimate Portrait of My Mother, Natalie Wood by Natasha Gregson Wagner

I've always been intrigued by the story of Natalie Wood and Robert Wagner. I grew up watching Robert on Hart to Hart and I guess I imagined that he and Natalie in real life were as destined to be together as he and Stefanie Powers on the show. So when I requested an advance copy of this book
, I really thought I'd learn more about Natalie's tragic death. Instead, what her daughter has given us is a picture of who her mother was, their tender relationship during the few short years she had with her. There were tough times two - evident by Natalie's first and second marriage to Robert with one in-between. Natasha, who was named after her grandmother, actually felt like she had two dads. The death of her mother shaped who she would become in the years thereafter. It is an emotional and tender book, and any fan of Natalie, or Robert should read it. Maybe its time to stop thinking Natalie was murdered and we know by who and why and instead remember her for who she was - even go back and watch some of her main work and enjoy the life she was given to share with us, though it ended so tragically young. This copy was advanced via Netgalley in exchange for a review of the work.