Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Embrace this Hope

If for no other reason to enjoy reading this work, are the many references to CS Lewis and the land of Narnia. Others too, like Dostoevsky. Zahnd knows how to weave in the classic writers as he navigates the fragility of faith. While there may be some areas of theology I find myself current differing with Zahnd, he makes solid points of why he comes to his conclusions but yet allows for the fact that none of us have all of the answers to this mystery and that our understanding evolves based on our experiences and influences, not to mention the Holy Spirit as teacher in our innermost being. Together with Zahnd I agree with the book's conclusion that "by the witness of the Holy Spirit that someday everything will be on fire with the divine glory of God. This is my hope. I invite you to embrace this hope. I invite you to believe in God." In an age where too many are deconstructing their faith to the point they throw it all away and say they no longer believe in God - he contends we can adjust how we believe despite how we were taught to believe, and still hold on to Jesus and still believe in God. I obtained a copy of this work through NetGalley and the publisher with no commitment for a positive review.