Thursday, December 02, 2021

Not so fast here!

I should have know I'd be on the opposite end of this author's views by the mere word "Myth" in the title. On the plus side, this is a quick easy read, where the author tries to draw on the positive nature and teachings of Jesus to make the reader and the world a better place. There are questions after each short chapter to ask the reader to become interactive in their thoughts. As a Jesus follower who believes what I read in His word, I have a hard time wrapping my head around thinking that many stories are pure myth. It is opposed to my belief that God has breathed His word into men to capture what He is saying - providing it to us through inspiration and saving it over many centuries, with so many actual archeological finds of early manuscripts to confirm it. Its hard for me to hear that someone considers themself a Christian but denies the actual physical resurrection and virgin birth. That's where we differ, so while I cannot endorse this work, I also realize it is because of the paradigm and lens through which I am reading it. I was provided an advance copy of the book content through NetGalley without any commitment for a positive review.