Thursday, December 02, 2021

The Jesus Music: The Book

I really enjoyed this book. I will admit that I also saw the movie, so I had that mental imagery in mind as I read. The book basically follows all of the film content. I have been a follower of Jesus music and the artists since about 1980, having worked in the industry through several radio stations. I've seen lots of feedback on the content of the movie (and thus the book) - much negative - about what was not included in the book. To be fair, it whets the appetite for those who want to know more and provides a great overview - there is no book (to keep it readable length) that could include everything important. Plus, fans of the genre often disagree on who or what events were most significant. This is a great starter point, and a solid comprehensive overview and worth the time. I like how it is pulled together in the timeline to bring us to where we are today in the industry and genre. I was provided an advance copy of the book content through NetGalley without any commitment for a positive review.