Thursday, July 21, 2005

Surprising my manager...

After sleeping in too long today, Lily and I went to Dairy Queen to purchase an ice cream cake for the surprise baby shower we threw this afternoon for my manager, John. He and his wife are adopting a baby girl, already named Maria, due to be born July 28.... very exciting! We had a great time celebrating with him. My exercise today, just as yesterday, was via the trampoline - able to stay in the shade, and though hot and humid, not near as much so as walking the hot, sunny streets, plus I don't need to push a stroller this way! The scale shows that its starting to work .... just got to keep it up! I've also been in contact with Liberty University (my alma mater) as I'm considering hooking up with their MBA program which is a long-distance learning program. I'm getting pretty excited about it, and when I spoke with John today, I learned that he is in the program and is also excited about us both being part of it!!! Pretty cool!